The information in the Adware & Malware Identifier Index is the result of thousands of web searches. It can not, however, possibly be complete. The subject is vast and constantly changing. Moreover, vendor uninstall tools and other removal tools do not necessarily remove all of an infection from your computer. Vendor uninstall tools, for instance, may silently leave cookies or other tracking software installed. It is suggestible to follow up a removal with one or more adware scans and/or to do an inspection using a HijackThis log. The information on the page is not guaranteed correct and any use you may choose to make of it is entirely at your own risk.
- Executable Files: bios32.exe; boot.exe; f0e66c68.exe; hjfp.exe; infwin.exe.
- Dynamic Link Libraries: ablui.dll; akledit.dll; blowfish.dll; iehelper.dll; ktp6177s1.dll; multimpp.dll; rdfsaps.dll; vx2.dll.
- Directory/Search Page:
- Uninstall page URL:
- Related Articles: Fighting Malware with Standard Windows Tools (February 25, 2007). You may have more in your bag of tricks than you realize. Important Removal Tool Note.
- Notes: The following aliases are listed at the Spyware Information Center page for this malware: Adware/MSView [Panda], Application/HideWindow.A [Panda], Application/Psexec.A [Panda], Application/ToolWget.A [Panda], Backdoor Program [Panda], Backdoor.Bionet.405 [Kaspersky], Backdoor.IRC.Zapchast [Kaspersky], Backdoor.IRC.Zcrew [Kaspersky], Backdoor/Bionet.405!Server [Computer Associates], Backdoor/IRC.Zcrew [Computer Associates], Backdoor/ZCrew.B [Computer Associates], Backdoor/ZCrew.B.IRC [Computer Associates], Backdoor/Zcrew.G [Computer Associates], BAT.IRCFlood [Computer Associates], BAT.Noshare.B [Computer Associates], Bat/Flood.C!Trojan [Computer Associates], Bck/IRC.Mirc.Based [Panda], Bck/Multi.I [Panda], Bck/Zcrew.B [Panda], Bck/Zcrew.G [Panda], Blackstone Data Transponder. Was also distributed under the name NetPal by netpalnow.com, but the software now available there is the newer NetPal parasite which isn't the same code., DoS.Win32.Nenet [Kaspersky], Flooder.Win32.WarPing [Kaspersky], Flooder/Nenet. A [Panda], IRC.Flood [Computer Associates], mIRC/Flood.I!Trojan [Computer Associates], mIRC/Flood.RmtCfg!Trojan [Computer Associates], NetPal, RemoteProcessLaunch [McAfee], Sputnik (name used by VX2), Spyware/BetterInet [Panda], Trj/Femad.A [Panda], Trj/Flood.BI [Panda], Trj/Passer.C [Panda], Trojan [Name used by Ad-aware], Trojan Horse [Panda], TrojanDownloader.Win32.Femad.b [Kaspersky], VX2 RespondMiter., VX2.Clean Get-Away, VX2.MSView, VX2.My PanicButton, VX2.Respondmiter, VX2.SiteHelper, VX2.Transponder, Win32.BettInet.C [Computer Associates], Win32.Bionet.405 [Computer Associates], Win32.Femad.A [Computer Associates], Win32.IRCFlood [Computer Associates], Win32.Startpage.KF!downloader [Computer Associates], Win32/Femad.B trojan [Eset], Win32/Rslocal.B!Downloader [Computer Associates], Win32/SillyDL.70656!Trojan [Computer Associates], Win32/Spybot.FR!Worm [Computer Associates], Win32/Startpage.KF!Downloader [Computer Associates].
- This malware can be removed by Lavasoft's Ad-Aware in conjunction with it's VX2 cleaner add-on.
VGS encourages you to post comments about the service it offers, and, in particular, about your experiences with the removal tools suggested in its pages. Removal tool comments will be most effective in helping those who come after you if you post them to the individual detail page for the malware item you used the tool to remove. Please be as clear and as detailed as possible. The most effective comments might include such information as: 1) What browser and operating system you are are running on your computer (i.e. Windows 98, NT, XP, Linux, Internet Explorer 6.0, Firefox); 2) What updates are installed (i.e. SP1, SP2); 3) What anti-virus/malware package(s) are resident in your computer; and 4) the actions you took in the order you took them.