When the EliteBar adware is downloaded into a computer, SearchMiracle loads up key-word links to the base search engine in texts loaded up in the Internet Explorer browser. YupSearch, on the other hand, detects when "404" pages ("page not found") load up into the browser and redirects the browser to the base search engine in their place.
Now the matter will be even a bit more confusing. The YupSearch front page now appears at a new url: http://www.audioseek.net/. That is to say, now SearchMiracle, YupSearch and AudioSeek are all the names of front-pages for the advertising search engine that is presently the scourge of the Internet.
- PokaPoka.exe + Nothing = YupSearch (October 19, 2005). What do people mean when they say they have "YupSearch" instead of "EliteBar"?
- Elite Toolbar Remover Information Page (October 17, 2005).
- LQfix Information Page (October 15, 2005) There's a new tool in town!
- How to Remove PokaPoka. (October 12, 2005) Does your EliteBar variant include PokaPoka.exe?
- EliteBar Removal Tool Updates to 2.0.1. (September 21, 2005) The EliteBar Removal Tool now comes in two flavors and two generations!
- SearchMiracle.EliteBar Then and Now (September 21, 2005). Hijacks, heroes, updates and links.
- EliteBar Removal Tool Updates to 2.0.0!!!!! (September 15, 2005). Includes expanded list of infections removed by the removal tool.
- More on Variant ADW_ELITEBAR.D. (May 27, 2005). "It is a standard XP with two top-end commercial anti-virus programs. Moreover, one of the anti-virus programs -- Trend Micro's PC-Cillin -- we already know..."
- Diabolical new EliteBar variant Strikes the Web!!!!or the one the EliteBar Removal Tool can't remove (May 22, 2005).
- EliteBar Removal Tool Updates to 1.3.0!!!!! (May 20, 2005). Includes expanded list of infections removed by the removal tool.
- Adware & Malware Indentifier Index (updated regularly). "The following is an in-progress index of some of the more common malware toolbars/browser helper objects at large on the Internet."
- "EliteBar Removal Tool Alert: Update V.1.2.2.!!! (April 18, 2005). "The new variants of the malware also completely conceal the presence of the EliteToolbarRemoverV10.exe, so that if you are opening the archive you can only see the readme.doc file that is attached to that and you cannot see the *.exe even if though it is really there!"
- HijackThis vs. SearchMiracle/EliteBar (April 11, 2005).
- Audio Seek Alert (March 18, 2005).
- How to Remove SearchMiracle/ EliteBar (February 27, 2005).
[re: SearchMiracle.EliteBar Search Miracle Elite Bar EliteToolBar Elite Toolbar Elite Tool Bar Elitum ETBrun YupSearch Yup Search.]