The following is a detail page of Virtual Grub Street's Adware & Malware Identifier Index:
The information in the Adware & Malware Identifier Index is the result of thousands of web searches. It can not, however, possibly be complete. The subject is vast and constantly changing. Moreover, vendor uninstall tools and other removal tools do not necessarily remove all of an infection from your computer. Vendor uninstall tools, for instance, may silently leave cookies or other tracking software installed. It is suggestible to follow up a removal with one or more adware scans and/or to do an inspection using a HijackThis log. The information on the page is not guaranteed correct and any use you may choose to make of it is entirely at your own risk.
AdWare.Win32.Mirar.d, Adware.Mirar, GetMirar, Mirar Search, Mirar Toolbar, Related Page
- Executable Files: HKLM\..\Run: [t7Eh39Q] mlaodctr.exe; HKLM\...\MirarSetup.exe; HKCU\..\Run: [cwxnRVc4X] mcdresizem6.exe.
- Dynamic Link Libraries: NN_Bar**.dll; WinDmy.dll; WinNB**.dll.
- Associated Directory/Search Pages: http://awbeta.net-nucleus.com/, http://ny.contentmatch.net/, http://www.mirarsearch.com/, http://click.mirarsearch.com/, http://redirect.mirarsearch.com/ .
- Uninstall Page URL: http://remove.getmirar.com/uninstall.html. See: Mirar Toolbar's New Uninstall Pages. According to the Sunbelt Software blog "the uninstaller provided to users does not even perform a complete uninstallation, as it fails to remove the NetNucleus domain additions to the Internet Explorer Trusted sites zone."
- Related Articles: Fighting Malware with Standard Windows Tools (February 25, 2007). You may have more in your bag of tricks than you realize. Mirar Toolbar's New Uninstall Pages (February 16, 2007). "NetNucleus has clearly tried to upgrade the public face of its Mirar Toolbar uninstallation process while retaining the advertising advantages it has built into the process. The extent of legitimate improvement remains to be seen." Sunbelt Tangles with NetNucleus. (February 7, 2007) NetNucleus, purveyor of the Mirar Toolbar, threatens to sue Sunbelt Software for labeling it's product "Adware". Sunbelt replies with a devastating overview of Mirar's stealth installation methods (and more). Is Google Associated with a SearchMiracle Knock-Off? (April 27, 2005). "A question begs the asking: How does NetNucleus generate revenue from its Mirar Toolbar search directory if it enters search terms in the Google Search Engine?" Important Removal Tool Note.
- To remove this infection, download and run trialware version of Ewido Security Suite. Remove remaining files with your preferred anti-adware program or HijackThis.
- Sunbelt Tangles with NetNucleus. (February 7, 2007) NetNucleus, purveyor of the Mirar Toolbar, threatens to sue Sunbelt Software for labeling it's product "Adware". Sunbelt replies with a devastating overview of Mirar's stealth installation methods and more.
- Man-Boy Love Advocate Accused of Using Wikipedia to Troll for Interested Parties (March 4, 2007). Rookie Revolyob, Clayboy, Zanthalon, et al: Why is Wikpedia a Pedophile Haven?