The Holder of this blog uses no cookies and collects no data whatsoever. He is only a guest on the Blogger platform. He has made no agreements concerning third party data collection and is not provided the opportunity to know the data collection policies of any of the standard blogging applications associated with the host platform. For information regarding the data collection policies of Facebook applications used on this blog contact Facebook. For information about the practices regarding data collection on the part of the owner of the Blogger platform contact Google Blogger.

Sunday, February 21, 2021

Letters: Earl of Oxford to Sir Robert Cecil; June 16, 1603. [Spelling modernized]

Cecil Papers 100/99; 16 June 1603. [Click here for original spelling.]


My very good L[ord]

His Majesty has heard his Attorney General’s report as touching my interest to the keeping of the forest and the park of Havering, and I receiving from your L[ord]ship and my Lord Admiral his resolution according to my L[ord] Admiral’s direction I have sent to Mr. Attorney to set his hand to my particular. But as I am answered, by his letter, that he cannot do the same, unless he be warranted by six of the Council’s hands, according to a late decree of his Majesty which he does require, I most earnestly therefore desire your L[ord]ship as to the like purpose I have written to my Lord Admiral that you will procure me such a warrant since it is agreeable to his Majesty’s mind, as from yourselves I have bene acertained. And this in effect is my request which not to be troublesome to your L[ord]ship I end with my hearty commendations. This 16 of June.

Your L[ord]ship’s assured friend and Brother-in-Law.

(signed) Edward Oxenforde.

Addressed (in Oxford’s hand): To the right honorable my very good L[ord] the Lord Cecil of Essendon. [seal beneath paper]

Endorsed: 16 June 1603. Earl of Oxford to my Lord


Also at Virtual Grub Street:

  


 

 

No comments: